Willow Creek partners with JOURNEYS to provide emergency shelter for local residents who are homeless through the PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) program. Willow is part of a network of 19 faith-based PADS shelters in northwest suburban Cook County.
- Overnight shelter is available for men, women, and families.
- You will receive a hot dinner, breakfast, and sack lunch.
- Mattresses, pillows, and blankets are provided.
- Shower and laundry facilities are also available at Willow Creek.
Before coming to PADS for the first time, you must complete a registration process by calling (847) 963-9163 and meet with a PADS representative.
- PADS provides shelter during the cooler months, from October through April each year.
- Shelter is available overnight, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Willow Creek serves as a PADS site on Thursday nights.
- For a list of other PADS sites, visit Journeys.
**To access PADS, please use Entrance “F” on the far west side of the building.**
Minor Home Repair
For most people, housing is the single largest expense each month. When a job is lost or an illness or disability takes over the budget, housing costs can become overwhelming. If you own a home and cannot afford to make necessary repairs, the Care Center may be able to help.
- Assistance is available to make your home a safe and decent place to live.
- As the homeowner, youwill be expected to cover the cost of materials.
- The Care Center will provide skilled labor to do the repairs.
To be accepted into this program, you must first meet with the Care Team for eligibility screening. To apply for assistance with home repairs, please bring the following when you meet with the Care Team:
- Photo ID.
- Proof of your current address—this can be your most recent utility bill, lease, mortgage statement, or medical card.