English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Do you need to learn or improve your English language skills?
- Would improving your language skills help you get a better job or position?
- Would you like to communicate better at work, home, public places or with friends?
The Care Center offers ESL classes to improve your English skills, help you understand the American culture, and give you a taste of Christian community.
Beginner: Students develop basic English vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar. Time is spent on reading, writing and conversation. Class is fun and student participation is encouraged.
Intermediate: Students develop more advanced English skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing. The class will also help students grow their cultural understanding. Students will work independently and with each other on various activities in a fun, safe environment.
Advanced: Students practice their English through writing and conversation. Class focuses on real life situations to help students work toward fluency. Students will learn to communicate more clearly and correctly, opening up more opportunities for themselves professionally and personally.
- English is taught in a relaxed, safe, and informal environment.
- Teachers are kind and love to help students improve their English skills.
- Classes are held every day of the week to accommodate your schedule.
- Students are encouraged to take as many classes as their time allows according to their skill level.
- Lessons are relevant to students’ needs and interests.
- ESL Bible study and small group for spiritual growth and community support are available.
- Child care is available in the Kids Zone for the morning classes.
We’re committed to help you improve your language skills and help you understand the American culture in a Christian supporting environment. The ESL program is a warm lively community where you will have the opportunity to learn and practice the English language and gain relational and social support. This program will also connect you to many resources available at the church and the Care Center that may benefit you in many ways.
Eligibility: Everyone who is interested in improving his or her English language is invited.
ESL classes are held throughout the week.
Trimester Schedule for 2017-2018:
Fall Session – September 6 to December 17, 2017
No classes November 23 to 26, 2017
Fall Break – December 18, 2017 to January 14, 2018
Winter/Spring Session – January 15 to May 20, 2018
No classes March 30 to April 2, 2018
Spring Break – May 21 to June 17, 2018
Summer Session – June 18 to August 12, 2018
No classes July 1 to July 4, 2018
Summer Break – August 13 to September 4, 2018
Registration for these classes is required.