Good health is a gift. It allows you to care for your family, earn an income, live an active life, and so much more. To help protect that gift, the Care Center offers health screenings for blood pressure, iron, and glucose. become serious. These screenings identify areas where you may be at risk for disease, so you can address any issues before they
Sign up for our Cooking Class, specifically designed for those facing medical challenges. Learn how to cook nutritious meals, which are an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Upcoming dates:
Thursday, September 13 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Blood Pressure and Glucose Testing Guidelines:
- The care center has volunteer nurses that provide blood pressure screenings during each shift open for food.
- Glucose testing is performed for a $3 charge on the first Monday of every month from 10:00-11:00am.
- To receive health screenings, please bring a photo ID and proof of your current address—this can be your most recent utility bill, lease, mortgage statement, or medical card.
Dental and Eye Care Clinic Guidelines:
All services for the Dental and Eye care clinic are available to individuals who have met with a Care team counselor and have been approved for services. Once approved, patients become eligible to receive services for 1 year from the approval date. After 1 year, patients will need to re-qualify for eligibility. Patients eligible for services must be over 18 years of age, earn 150% or below the Federal poverty level, and have no dental or eye care insurance in place. All exam services cost $25 per appointment.
- Dental Services include an oral exam, x-rays, teeth cleaning, basic restorative services (fillings) and extractions if necessary.
- Optical services include a complete eye exam consisting of an external and internal eye exam, refractive status evaluation, and binocular function and diagnosis. If eyeglasses are necessary, the patient will be given a prescription and if desired fitted for eyeglasses. Frames and lenses start at $30.
- The Dental and Eye Care Clinic is by appointment only. Once approved by a Care Team counselor, you will be given instructions on how to make an appointment. If an emergency, please call the clinic at 224.512.2300
Health Services Hours
The first Monday of every month 10:00-11:00am.
Dental and Eye Care Clinic:
All guests looking to schedule an appointment at the Dental and Eye Care Clinic must first meet with a Care Team Member.