It was a distinguishing characteristic of the Acts 2 church. The believers took care of one another by meeting basic needs.
They didn’t just give leftovers or extras from an abundance of possessions. Their concern was so deep they even sold items of great value, just so they would have something to give away. No possession was more precious than the people God had placed in their lives.
Our desire is that Willow would demonstrate that same kind of compassion and generosity. And it starts with you.
Whether you donate clothing, vehicles, computers, food or finances, your generosity will be a tangible expression of God’s love to people right here in our own community. Here are some of the most helpful ways you can give.
- Contributions by cash or check may be placed in the offering during any weekend service. Please be sure to indicate that your gift is for the CARE CENTER. Include your name and address on the check or envelope if you wish to receive credit for tax purposes.
- You may also make your donation by mail. Send your donation to Willow’s main campus at 67 East Algonquin Road, South Barrington, IL 60010. Again, please indicate that your gift is for the CARE CENTER and include your name and address for tax purposes.
- Donations may be dropped to the outdoor collection bin in the parking lot between the D and F entrances.
- New or gently used children’s clothing.
- Sizes newborn through children’s 14/16 (XL).
- Donations of children’s socks, undergarments, and pajamas must be new.
- Children’s and adult shoes, all sizes. Please rubber-band in pairs.
- The C.A.R.S. Ministry of Willow Creek gladly accepts donations of cars, motorcycles, RVs and boats, in any condition. Donate!
- To learn more about IRS regulations for vehicle donations, read the IRS Vehicle Donation Guide and 1098-C IRS Vehicle Donation Form Instructions.
- Vehicles are picked up free of charge.
- Qualified vehicles are repaired and cleaned, then given to approved families in need of transportation.
- Junk and clunkers are sold, with proceeds used toward the repair of other vehicles.
- Have you already donated and need to reprint your tax letter? Tax Letter Reprint
- C.A.R.S. FAQs
- The Computer Connection ministry of Willow Creek gratefully accepts donations of desktop or laptop computers that are no more than 6 years old.
- Computers are refurbished and given to families, individuals, and organizations in need.
- Donations of keyboards, mice, cables, and flat-panel monitors are also welcomed (CRT monitors not accepted).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about donating a computer.
- Donations of unexpired, commercially packaged food are gratefully accepted at the Care Center during regular hours of operation. Hours and location >>
- Items most needed are peanut butter, jelly, soup, cereal, tuna, rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, macaroni & cheese, Hamburger Helper, and chili.
- Super-couponing can be a great way to fill your cart for people in need!
“All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.”