Join the Fight
Fight against the trafficking and exploitation of people in our community, and raise awareness about this issue happening in the Chicagoland area and around the world.
The Anti-Human Trafficking Ministry exists to raise awareness about the issue of human trafficking as well as fight against exploitation of people in the Chicagoland area through training, collaboration and mobilization.
Educational and Serving Events
- Learn from guest speakers, movie screenings, trainings and panel discussions, which focus on local human trafficking, so you can be a better advocate for victims of trafficking.
- Help meet the needs of our partner organizations, who serve those who have been victimized by trafficking.
- Several serving events are planned throughout the year, with opportunities such as assembling gift bags, packing Christmas gifts and collecting needed items for women recovering from the trauma of trafficking.
- See our calendar of upcoming events below.
Newsletter and Serving Opportunities
- If you’d like to stay up-to-date on all or our Anti-Human Trafficking Ministry events subscribe to our monthly enews.
- New Name Call Center: Reach out to women advertised online for prostitution to offer resources, prayers and a listening ear. The South Barrington team meets on the last Wednesday of the month in the Care Center.
- Volunteer with Partner Organizations: Both occasional (once a month with a one year commitment) and consistent serving opportunities (twice or more a month with a one year commitment) are available. Serve at one of our partner organizations with those who have been exploited. Locations include group homes, shelters, prisons/jails and safe homes. Some of our partners: Reclaim 13, Salt & Light Coalition, Refuge for Women, Rahab’s Daughter’s, Selah Freedom.
For general information and a complete listing of partner anti-human trafficking organizations, email email@example.com.
If someone has been victimized by human trafficking or would like to report suspicious behavior, call Salvation Army Stop-It Program, a 24 hour hotline at 877-606-3158.