Overcome your transportation challenges through services provided by the C.A.R.S. Ministry
We understand it can be a challenge to get around the Chicago suburbs without a reliable car. The C.A.R.S. Ministry helps individuals and families in need overcome their transportation challenges through car inspections and repair services.
All requests for transportation services require an assessment by the Care Team to determine if you pre-qualify. To meet with the Care Team, visit the Care Center during our open hours and tell the Welcome Desk or a Care Center volunteer you would like to talk to a Care Team volunteer about transportation assistance.
To pre-qualify for vehicle inspection and repair services:
- The vehicle must be registered in your name
- Vehicles must not be over 20 years old.
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- You must earn 150% or below the Federal poverty level.
Please bring the following when you meet with the Care Team:
- A Photo ID
- Proof of Income (such as a pay stub, bank statement, social security payment, etc.)
- Proof of address, current within 30 days (such as a utility bill, piece of mail, etc.)
- Car Registration Card
- We do not repair transmissions, engines, head gaskets or body work.
- If after meeting with a Care Team volunteer, you are pre-qualified for a vehicle repair, you are responsible for the full cost of the parts associated with the repair; the labor is free of cost.
Used car donations have decreased and the number of vehicles available to us has reduced significantly. Please note the long wait times and the pre-qualifications:
- You must be attending Willow Creek Community Church or a regional campus.
- You must be the head of a household.
- You must be connected to the ministries of Willow Creek Community Church or a regional campus.
- You must provide proof of income.
- If you feel you meet these criteria, you must still be pre-qualified through the Care Team and complete the Benevolence Process to be considered to receive a vehicle from C.A.R.S.